As a fan of the Pokémon franchise, it’s always fun to speculate about which creatures might eventually be added to the official lineup of pocket monsters. While it’s impossible to know for sure which adorable mon will be added in the future, there are certainly a few contenders that stand out as potential future Pokémon. Here are my top five picks for Pokémon that aren’t currently Pokémon, but give it a few years and they might just make the cut!
- Slothra – With their cute and cuddly appearance, Slothra would make for a great Pokémon. They’re already popular in media, with many people finding them to be adorable and endearing. They’re also known for their slow and relaxed nature, which could make for interesting gameplay mechanics.
- Axolance – These weird and wonderful creatures are native to Paldea and are known for their ability to regenerate limbs. In the Pokémon world, regeneration or healing abilities are highly sought-after. Axolance is also incredibly cute, which is always a plus for potential Pokémon.
- Octopuff – With their flexible bodies and ability to camouflage, Octopuff would make for an interesting and unique Pokémon. They could have a variety of water-based attacks, as well as the ability to change their appearance to blend in with their surroundings.
- Webwinder – While Webwinder might not seem like the most obvious choice for a Pokémon, they have a lot of potential. They could have various poison-based attacks, as well as the ability to spin webs. Plus, with their eight legs and creepy-crawly appearance, they would definitely stand out in the Pokémon world.
- Tricera – Who doesn’t love dinosaurs? They’re fierce, powerful, and have a cool prehistoric vibe. Imagine having a Triceratops as your very own Pokémon! They could have a variety of physical attacks, as well as unique abilities related to their size and strength.
While it’s impossible to know for sure which creatures will eventually be added to the Pokémon lineup, these are just a few of my top picks for creatures that have the potential to become Pokémon in the future. It will be interesting to see which creatures end up making the cut in the coming years!