Have you ever lost the final piece to a puzzle and spent hours searching for it? It can be frustrating, but sometimes the missing piece turns up in the most unexpected places. Here are a few places to check when you’re trying to find that elusive last puzzle piece:
- Under furniture: It’s easy for puzzle pieces to slip under a couch or chair, especially if you’re working on the puzzle on the floor. Make sure to check under any nearby furniture, as well as under the edges of any rugs or mats.
- In the puzzle box: It may seem obvious, but it’s worth double-checking the puzzle box to see if the missing piece is stuck to the bottom or tucked into a corner.
- In the vacuum: If you’ve been vacuuming while working on the puzzle, it’s possible that the missing piece could have gotten sucked up. Check the dustbin or filter of your vacuum to see if it’s hidden in there.
- In your pockets: If you’ve been working on the puzzle on the go, it’s possible that you accidentally pocketed the missing piece without realizing it. Check all of your pockets, including those of any jackets or bags you may have been using.
- In the trash: It’s not uncommon for puzzle pieces to end up in the trash by accident, especially if you’ve been snacking while working on the puzzle. If you’ve already thrown away any trash that may have accumulated during your puzzle-solving session, check the trash cans to see if the missing piece is in there.
- Inside the fridge: It may seem absurd, but it’s worth checking to see if the missing puzzle piece somehow made its way into the fridge. You never know, it could have fallen into a bag of vegetables or stuck to a piece of meat.
- In your shoe: If you’ve been walking around while working on the puzzle, it’s possible that the missing piece could have ended up in your shoe. Check the insides of all of your shoes, as well as any shoes that may be nearby.
- On the roof: If you’ve been working on the puzzle outside and the missing piece flew off the table or lawn, it’s possible that it could have ended up on the roof. You may need a ladder to check this one, but it’s worth a shot.
- In your ear: If you have a habit of fiddling with puzzle pieces while you work, it’s possible that the missing piece could have ended up in your ear. Don’t worry, it’s not as painful as it sounds – simply use a flashlight and a pair of tweezers to gently extract the piece.
- In your dreams: If you’ve checked every other possible location and still can’t find the missing puzzle piece, it’s possible that it’s only existing in your subconscious. Try meditating or going to sleep, and see if the missing piece reveals itself in your dreams.
If you’ve checked all of these places and still can’t find the missing puzzle piece, don’t give up hope. It’s possible that it’s hidden in a spot that you haven’t thought of yet. Keep looking, and you may just find it in the most unexpected place.